Animal Assistance Foundation Grant Guide
Go to the “Application Process” page for more details
Step 1: Determine whether your organization is eligible to begin our grant process
Step 2: Register your organization with AAF
Step 3: Fill out the online Letter of Inquiry form
Step 4: If your LOI is accepted, you will be notified to complete an online application
Capital Grants: For capital grants, please contact us.
Grant applicants must:
- Be a unit of government, or recognized as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, or an organization with a 501(c)(3) Fiscal Sponsor. However, groups designated by the IRS as Type III supporting organizations are not eligible to apply;
- Be located in Colorado or having a direct impact on animals and their owners in Colorado;
- Be proposing an activity compatible with the Foundation’s mission.
- Provide (if you are required to be licensed by the Pet Care Facilities Act) a copy of your current PACFA license and your PACFA statistics for the most recent year
- Embrace the principles of non-divisive language
- Utilize only positive reinforcement training and behavior methods
In considering grant requests, AAF seeks proposals that:
- Demonstrate collaboration and resource sharing within the community.
- Offer innovative ideas that support the five freedoms for companion animals.
- Demonstrate a high potential for self-sufficiency and sustainability.
- Have the potential for maximum impact.
- Improve animal welfare in Colorado through focused efforts towards: